Mediterranean Turkey Skewers
12 bamboo skewers
6 TB olive oil
3 TB lemon juice
1 tsp. garlic, minced
2 TB fresh basil, chopped
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 (11 oz) boned turkey, cut into 2 inch cubes
12-16 pickled onions
2 zucchini, cut into 1 inch slices
1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into 2 inch squares
1. Soak bamboo skewers in water to prevent charring.
2. Mix olive oil with lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Prepare skewers by alternating turkey, onions, zucchini, and pepper pieces. Lay the prepared skewers on a platter and drizzle with olive oil mixture. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. Discard marinade.
4. Preheat the grill to medium high.
5. Grill skewers for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. Serve hot.
4 grams Net Carbs!
Recipe is from: The C. I. guide-Glycemic Index Cookbook