Happy day before Thanksgiving! Don’t feel like making a big turkey? Try this recipe:
Stuffed Turkey Breast
- One 4 lb boneless, skin-on turkey breast
- 2 cups chopped white mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the stuffing:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Saute mushrooms, garlic, baby spinach, and onion on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once vegetables are soft, remove from heat, add minced rosemary and set aside.
For the turkey:
- Preheat oven to roast at 375.
- Carefully remove skin from turkey and set aside.
- Place turkey breast, skin side down on a large cutting board.
- Spread halves of breast apart, so the turkey breast opens like a book.
- Release thickest tenders of meat with a sharp knife so that you can open the breast more to create an even thickness of meat.
- Cover turkey breast with parchment paper and carefully pound to even thickness with a meat mallet (or cast iron skillet like we had to resort to using). You want the meat to be as even as possible without damaging the breast.
- Spread stuffing over turkey and tightly roll the breast for roasting.
- Cover the stuffed breast with the reserved skin, and tie with kitchen twine in three evenly spaced intervals to keep skin in place.
- Lay stuffed breast in a roasting pan or pyrex dish seam side down.
- Lightly rub skin with olive oil.
- Roast at 375 for about 2 hours and 30 minutes, or until the roast has reached 175 degrees in the breast.
Recipe from: Primal-palate.com